Sceneric relaunches Stanley Gibbons ecommerce
New platform combines hybris with a service orientated architecture fully integrated to internal systems
Our new ecommerce platform puts Stanley Gibbons at the cutting edge of online functionality and provides the foundation for our multi-channel strategy
Keith Heddle, Group Sales & Marketing Director, Stanley Gibbons
Stanley Gibbons tendered for a new web platform and web partner in 2010 with the intention of consolidating its web properties and providing a firm foundation for online growth. Sceneric and hybris were selected in August 2010.
The Sceneric team worked in close partnership with Stanley Gibbons IT and business staff to define the Stanley Gibbons user experience and to design a solution architecture that delivers an end to end solution for philatelists and investors.
Site features include a rich Web 2.0 interface including:
• Business control of promotions and personalisation
• Mega-menus controllable through the hybris WCMS module
• Carousels and promo banners editable through the hybris WCMS to include products from the catalog
• Faceted navigation against a catalog of over 600,000 products
• A streamlined checkout process to drive conversion
• The ability for users to manage their collections through an improved interface
• WCMS functionality for staff to define their own data-capture forms and integrate them into the site pages
• Integrated analytics to understand online commerce
• Product image zoom
• Integrated CMS templates that allow products to be integrated to content pages
• Integration through the hybris service layer to a Service Orientated Architecture including:
• Automatic update of the product catalog from Stibo STEP
• Stock updates for in-store and web synchronisation
• Synchronisation of customer data from web to call centre
• Delivery of order data into the fulfilment systems
To provide a fully automated solution, hybris has been integrated with the Orbis TaskCentre message broker to provide full customer, product and order integration with the back-office product information management, customer relationship management and accounting systems.
Integration to SagePay provides secure PCI compliant payments, with online analytics provided through Google Analytics including full ecommerce analytics capability.
Sceneric & Stanley Gibbons continue to work on the development of the Stanley Gibbons website to include a new auctions system, trading platform and to embrace multi-channel and internationalization.
Stanley Gibbons is a long established company with outstanding brand values. The new website reflects the Stanley Gibbons commitment to their customers and provides the business with the control to capture a global market. Sceneric are proud to have been involved in this excellent project
Jim Herbert, Founding Director, Sceneric
Sceneric is an ecommerce solutions provider that works closely with its customers to help them achieve leadership positions in their markets. We bring a combination of in depth industry knowledge, technical excellence and delivery expertise to support the operational objectives of our customers.
Founded in 2006, Sceneric works with industry leaders such as La Senza, Legal & General, B&Q, LOVEFiLM, Molton Brown, Stanley Gibbons, Simplyhealth, Friends Provident, HL-Hybris, Mouchel,mgmadvantage, amongst many others
About Stanley Gibbons
Stanley Gibbons is a globally recognised brand and the world’s leading name in philately and collectibles. Established in 1856 the Group is a Jersey registered company and operates from both the Channel Islands and the UK. Its business is truly international with over 30% of sales in 2010 being made overseas.
Stanley Gibbons’ activities can be broken down into five main segments:
• Stamps – with its renowned expertise and comprehensive stocks Stanley Gibbons serves both specialised and general collectors through its retail and auctions activities.
• Publishing – the Group publishes a range of catalogues using the SG reference system, acknowledged as an industry standard. It also publishes philatelic magazines and a variety of stamp albums and accessories.
• Investment – the Group is the world’s only recognised provider of alternativeinvestment products, based on rare stamps and historical signatures, and publishes the SG price indices which are available to investors using the Bloomberg Professional® service.
• Internet – www.stanleygibbons.com , the world’s most comprehensive philatelic website serving over 40 million collectors globally.
• Fraser’s Autographs – Europe’s largest dealers in autographs, memorabilia and rare historical signatures.
hybris is a leading vendor of next generation agile multichannel commerce software. Its clear vision about the need for consistency, co-ordination and personalisation of information across all channels and throughout all phases of the customer lifecycle has resulted in the development of an integrated, agile solution which supports the industrialisation and automation of operational marketing and sales processes. It is spearheading innovation in this field, enabling businesses to communicate and sell across all channels in a consistent and effective way.
Established in 1997, hybris has a proven track record of profitability and growth, with ambitious expansion plans for the future. Headquartered in Munich, it has offices in the U.S., UK, Netherlands, Switzerland, Austria and Sweden. Its international presence is extended via a dedicated network of business and technology partners across Europe and the USA. It has over 200 customers worldwide running more than 1,500 websites "powered by hybris". Customers are global brands from retail and manufacturing industries, including: Toys 'R' Us, Adidas, Pirelli, Conrad, Norgren, Lufthansa, Reebok, Grundfos, Demag, Sika, Bunzl UK & Ireland, Phonak, Waterstone’s and Rexel